Media

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Alone in the Kitchen/ Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

While I do love being alone in the kitchen, in control of the baked goods. I do not like being alone anywhere else. 

As a 20 year old girl, I rent a apartment, a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment. I work my 40 long hour weeks, and then I pay to live alone in my empty apartment. While some people thrive being alone, I do not. 

I bake, I work, I clean, I sleep, I do it all alone. 

in my 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment

Growing up I hated when my mother came into the kitchen while I was in the middle of baking. I needed my space and quiet. But now that i’m moved out and on my own I want nothing more than to have someone to bake for. I thought I wanted quiet, to bake in peace, but I was wrong. I want laughter and music, anything to mask the emptiness I live in. 

It’s something that comes with entering your adult life. The aloneness, without warning. You're not in high school, but you're not married either. You become stuck with no other choice but to start finding yourself. Some might say that it’s healthy. But I think anything that sudden and so startling could never be healthy. 

This is a normal experience/feeling for a 19 year old girl, and you're not alone in that. 

Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe 

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 250g of peanut butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder


Mix together your butter, sugar, salt, vanilla extract, and egg, add in your peanut butter and once all of that is throughly beat together add in the flour. 

Roll into ball and put on a cookie sheet, use a fork to create a criss cross pattern.

cook at 350 for 12 minutes or until done.

enjoy your peanut butter cookies in the fact that you are not alone, in being alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♡ SHOW REVIEW ♡ ✿ His & Hers ✿ ♡ Genre: Murder Mystery ♡ Seasons:  1 ...